Harry Bowers and his wife moved to the City of New Braunfels almost twenty years ago in 2002 to start their family in a community that shared their interest and values.
Within months of becoming a City resident, Harry was appointed to a City of New Braunfels board. From 2002-2018 he served continuously on either a City board or commission until he was sworn in as a City Councilmember in May 2018.
Professionally Harry is a university faculty member. He has served as a faculty member / professional staff member at the university level for the past twenty-five years. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as a post-baccalaureate certificate in mediation.
Harry’s wife has been an educator in New Braunfels for almost two decades. Their children are secondary students within NBISD. Both are active in scouting and swimming.
Harry’s Current Service Involvement and Memberships
- District 3 City Councilmember, City of New Braunfels
- Chair, Mayor’s Higher Education Task Force, City of New Braunfels
- Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scout Troop 119, Boy Scout Troop 2222
- Board of Review Member, Boy Scout Troop 119, Boy Scout Troop 2222
- Member, St. John’s Episcopal Church
- Usher Ministry, St. John’s Episcopal Church
- Member, Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce
- Member, New Braunfels High School All Sports Booster Club
- Commanders Club, Disabled American Veterans
- Foundation Builder, Headwaters at the Comal
Harry’s Previous Service Involvement and Memberships
- Commissioner, City of New Braunfels, Planning and Zoning Commission
- Chair and Committee Member, City of New Braunfels, Community Development Advisory Committee
- Member, Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), Oak Run Middle School
- Board of Directors, Oak Run Property Owners Association
- Chaperone, San Antonio Field Trips, Oak Run Middle School
- Graduate, City University, City of New Braunfels
- Graduate, City of New Braunfels Citizens Police Academy
- Member, City of New Braunfels Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association