Some of our District 3 accomplishments in the past three years:
Quarterly District 3 Forums. A platform for constituents to share in a collaborative environment concerns and suggestions with each other, Council Member Bowers and City Staff. Each Forum also includes a featured presentation by City Staff.
- No tax rate increases. Actually, the tax rate was decreased in one of the three budget cycles I have served.
- The passing of a comprehensive bond with such a high approval from the voters with a 0% tax rate increase.
- Excellent bond ratings.
- Maintaining of ISO class one insurance rating for consumers and businesses.
- Maintained and adjusted appropriate development fees so new development pays for its impact on infrastructure, not the taxpayer.
- The securing of adequate utility capacity including water, wastewater and electric for many years to come at competitive rates.
- Priority placed on street maintenance and repair.
- Allocated additional funding for equipment to improve the production and efficiency of our street maintenance crews.
- Pedestrian safety improvements including, but not limited to sidewalks on multiple neighborhood streets near Seele Elementary, near Oak Run Middle School, Kerlick Lane and Fredericksburg Rd. among others.
- Dedicated pedestrian walkway from California Blvd. into Landa Park.
- Vehicular/Pedestrian safety improvements at Westpointe Dr. @ Oak Run Pkwy, Hunters Creek @ Oak Run Pkwy among others and with your help more to come.
- Worked to provide additional police officer positions to keep our growing community safe.
- The replacement of aging equipment/apparatuses/vehicles and the addition of equipment/apparatuses/vehicles for fire (includes EMS service) to increase efficiency and increase advanced life support capabilities.
- The removal of dilapidated buildings on city property adjacent to Landa Park (former Girl Scout huts).
- Basic park features in Kerlick Park from what was just an empty lot.
- Basic park development approval for Mission Hill Park that will begin this summer.
- Support for historical and cultural preservation activities to preserve and promote the heritage of New Braunfels.
- All abilities play equipment at Landa Park.